Sunroom Manufacturers Announce New Canadian Association
The Canadian Sunroom Manufacturers Association (CSMA) is pleased to announce its recent formation to represent sunroom, patio room and solarium manufacturers and distributors in Canada. Based in Toronto, CSMA is the new voice of the industry.
President Bart Bremmers is the General Manager of Craft-Bilt Materials Ltd. in Markham, Ontario, and a founding CSMA member. “This is very positive news for our industry and our customers” said Mr. Bremmers. “We believe CSMA will help its members to set certain benchmarking standards by which the industry can be measured.”
CSMA is dedicated to the advancement of the manufacture and construction of safe, energy efficient and environmentally conscious sunrooms, patio rooms and solariums. A short-term priority is the development of a branding strategy, with longer term goals to create industry-wide standards and to lobby various governments.
By establishing criteria that members must meet in order to join the association, the clear message to home builders, renovators, consumers and other buyers is that doing business with CSMA members should be a priority. “Non-member manufacturers and dealers are strongly encouraged to consider joining CSMA,” said Mr. Bremmers. “As we move forward, being a member will be a distinct competitive advantage.”
“Sunroom dealers will play a critical role in how our industry progresses. Through dealer surveys, the CSMA will be able to demonstrate to government, particularly housing ministries, the magnitude of our industry and the impact of poorly thought-out building policies.”
For more information about CSMA, contact Wayne Glover, CAE, Executive Director, at 416-646-1600 or email@example.com
The Canadian Sunroom Manufacturers Association (CSMA) is a member driven trade association dedicated to the advancement of the manufacture and construction of safe, energy efficient and environmentally conscious, code compliant sunrooms, patio rooms and solariums. The CSMA is committed to advocating for the best industry standards and practices, as well as creating retail recognition of sunrooms as viable alternatives
A Dealer Member is honour-bound by the following Standards of Business Conduct and Ethics:
- A member will conduct business with honesty, integrity and fairness;
- A member will be accessible and accountable to customers or clients, and make every reasonable effort to act for the customer’s or client’s best interest and benefit;
- A member will be responsible at all times for truthful and non-deceptive advertising and promotion regarding the organization’s business and its products or services;
- A member will support the goals of CSMA in a constructive and positive manner;
- A member will conduct business with strict adherence to the laws of their respective jurisdiction of business, and to business or professional codes existent for the particular business or profession, and in accordance with generally accepted business practices.
- A member will not discriminate based on race, colour, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status, gender, gender identity or sexual orientation;
CSMA Dealer Members should display the Code of Ethics along with their CSMA Dealer Member’s certificate, provided they are in good standing.